The root of the equation 3x−ex=0 is bounded in the interval.
MTH603 Assignment 1 Solution and Discussion
Assignment NO. 1 MTH603 (Spring 2021)
Maximum Marks: 20 Due Date: Sunday, May 9, 2021
DON’T MISS THESE: Important instructions before attempting the solution of this assignment:
• To solve this assignment, you should have good command over 01 - 8 lectures.
• Try to get the concepts, consolidate your concepts and ideas from these questions which you learn in the 01 to 8 lectures.
• Upload assignments properly through LMS, No Assignment will be accepted through email.
• Write your ID on the top of your solution file.
• Don’t use colourful back grounds in your solution files.
• Use Math Type or Equation Editor Etc. for mathematical symbols.
• You should remember that if we found the solution files of some students are same then we will reward zero marks to all those students.
• Try to make solution by yourself and protect your work from other students, otherwise you and the student who send same solution file as you will be given zero mark.
• Also remember that you are supposed to submit your assignment in Word format any other like scan images etc. will not be accepted and we will give zero mark corresponding to these assignments.
Question 1: [10 Marks]
Find a root of the given equation using Newton-Raphson Method. Keep values correct to four decimal places.
Question 2: [10 Marks]
Find a root of the given equation using three iterations by Bisection method