Assignment No. 03
Semester: Spring 2020
CS611 –Software Quality Engineering Total Marks: 20
Due Date:21 July,2020
• To know about Software Engineering Process Groups.
To know about Process action teams.
• Uploading instructions:
• Your assignment must be in .doc or .docx format (Any other formats like scan images, PDF, bmp, etc will not be accepted).
• Save your assignment with your ID (e.g. bc020200786.doc).
• No assignment will be accepted through email.
Rules for Marking:
It should be clear that your assignment will not get any credit if:
• The assignment is submitted after due date.
• The submitted assignment does not open or file is corrupted.
• Your assignment is copied from internet, or from any other student
(Strict disciplinary action will be taken in this case).
Question-1 Marks: 10
Assume you are working as software quality engineer at a company named ABC.inc. Assume you are working on software named “Grocery Management System” for a super store named Super Mart. The Grocery Management System have different coding modules for tackling different Grocery groups such as toiletries, cosmetics, cloth, frozen items and food items etc. The Grocery management System also has a discount module which is triggered on specific occasions such as black Friday, Eid and Independence Day. Due to weak QA a coding bug in discount module is not identified in the testing phase. Since the error is triggered only on specific occasions hence the whole system is working until discount occasion is triggered.
Which type of defect is it? Also support your claim with solid reasons.
Question - 2: Marks: 10
Assume you are working as tester for a company named ABC.inc. You are working on a web application named Virtual university LMS which have the URL. You are required to write a test case for the login functionality of the web application. The required data and test case sample is given below.
Test case ID TC1
Test case Scenario To check the login function with data provided
Web application. Link
Test data User name =admin