CS610 Assignment 1 Solution and Discussion
Assignment No. 01
Semester: Spring 2019
CS610 –Computer Networks Total Marks: 20
Due Date: 30-05- 2020
• To enhance the knowledge about probing the Internet, the tools which are used for probing the Internet and how to read the responses that you get by applying these probing tools.
• To enhance the knowledge that how much time we will waste if our machines will not be using packet switching.
• Your assignment must be in .doc or .docx format (Any other formats like scan images, PDF, bmp, etc will not be accepted).
• Save your assignment with your ID (e.g. bc020200786.doc).
• No assignment will be accepted through email.
Rules for Marking:
It should be clear that your assignment will not get any credit if:
• The assignment is submitted after due date.
• The submitted assignment does not open or file is corrupted.
• Your assignment is copied from internet, handouts or from any other student
(Strict disciplinary action will be taken in this case).
Question No. 1 [Marks: 10]
Create a folder named using as your student id i.e.BC1234567 by using CLI interface.
Go to your student id directory through command prompt and execute the ping command for the given address i.e. www.worldometer.info.
You are also required to execute the traceroute request for the IP address www.worldometer.info
• Take screenshots for both commands and show them in your solution.
• Both ping and trace route commands must be clearly visible in the screenshots.
• You should create the directory with your own student ID. If the name of the directory shown in the screenshot doesn’t match with your student id then the assignment will be considered as copied and will be awarded zero marks.
• You should make the directory with your own student id. If the screenshot doesn’t match with your student id then the assignment will be considered as copied and will be awarded zero marks.
Question No. 2 [Marks: 10]
How much time is required by a machine to transfer a file of 17.31 MB across the network with a 512Kbps link? You have to show the formula/calculation steps.
Best of Luck!
this one solution made for Windows User and anyone can help to build the same solution as mac user?