Questions 1: What type of organization design would best suit the needs of DiskGate -It, Inc., in your opinion? Justify your choice.
Organizational design: Mechanistic Design for Diskgate-IT, Inc.
• As employees are not highly qualified so they should work as a team under a supervisor or manager to accomplish.
• Vertical communication is applicable in this scenario which is only achievable by adopting mechanistic design.
• Strict rule and regulation should apply.
• Throughout the channel representative chain of command and responsibilities to be considered.
• Assign every employee a specific job description to adopt.
Questions 2: What type of organization design would best suit the needs of Think-It, Inc., in your opinion? Justify your choice.
Organizational design: Organic Design for Think-IT, Inc.
• AS employees are highly qualified so they should work independently.
• Having highly qualified bring up more creative and open-minded ideas to adopt by implementing organic design.
• Decision making should be decentralized under one person.
• Minimal Standard of procedures to be adopt by employees.
• This design is more adoptable and flexible to highly qualified employees during any change.
• Cross functional communication between departments.
• Leonard. (2018). Organic Structure of organizational design. [Online] Available https://smallbusiness.chron.com/organic-structure-organizational-design-58657.html
• Ordoro. (2012). Mechanistic organization vs organic organization [Online] Available https://blog.ordoro.com/2012/07/15/mechanistic-organization/