Total Marks: 10 Topic:
Types of Conflicts Learning objectives:
Due Dates: 25/12/2019
ASSIGNMENT#01 Conflict Management (HRM724)
To make students understand the difference among different types of group conflicts and how these types affect group performance differently.
Students will be able to enhance their ability how to tackle with conflicts at work.
They will be in a better position to relate theory with practice.
A study “The Dynamic Nature Of Conflict: A Longitudinal Study of Intragroup Conflict and Group Performance” by Jehn and Mannix; has described the different patterns of task, process and relationship conflicts that might occur in High-performance and Low- performance groups during the different stages of group development. You are required to answer the given questions after reading the followings:
- The Dynamic Nature of Conflict: A Longitudinal Study of Intragroup Conflict and Group Performance (available in Module 1 & 2 HRM724)
- https://salvos.org.au/scribe/sites/2020/files/Resources/Transitions/HANDOUT_- _Tuckmans_Team_Development_Model.pdf
- At which stage of the “group Development by Tuchman, relationship conflicts become more visible and easily identifiable? Justify. Max. Word limit: 50-75
- Which type of conflict can be more detrimental and beneficial for group performance (Discuss in context of High-performing and Low-performing groups)? Briefly explain. Max. Word limit: 100-150
- This Assignment is based on a research article which is available in “Downloads” section (Module 1 and 2 HRM724) and on an online article (link given above).
- Thoroughly read out the article 3 or 4 times at least for creating good understanding and then attempt this assignment.
- Do not add irrelevant content to support your stance.
- Give your answers on logical and sound grounds.
- Follow word limit instruction strictly.
- This article is the part of Syllabus of HRM724 and may be included in Mid-Term Exam. Note: Each question carries equal marks.
OTHER IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS: DEADLINE:
Make sure to upload the solution file before the due date on VULMS
Any submission made via email after the due date will not be accepted.
Use the font style “Times New Roman” and font size “12”, double spaced. It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word format.
You may also compose your assignment in Open Office format.
Use black and blue font colors only.
RULES FOR MARKING:
Please note that your assignment will be graded as Zero (0), if: It is submitted after the due date.
The file you uploaded does not open or is corrupt.
It is in any format other than MS-Word or Open Office; e.g. Excel,
PowerPoint, PDF etc.
It is cheated or copied from other students, internet, books, journals etc.