Language Classroom Management (Eng521)
Assignment No. 1
Total Marks: 20
• Upload your assignments in a proper format, i.e. MS word file. Corrupt files will be awarded zero marks.
• The assignments should be zoomed in at 100%.
• Please avoid plagiarism; plagiarized work will be marked zero.
• After the due date, the assignments submitted via email would not be entertained.
• Please avoid submitting copied assignments; otherwise, such a case would be referred to the discipline committee.
• The font color should be preferably black and font size 12 Times New Roman.
Q1. The physical structure of a classroom is a critical variable in affecting student morale and learning. Students’ involvement in the process of creating their environment can empower them, develop students’ community and increase motivation. Being a language teacher, which position would you like to take? Support your answer with logical arguments.
Q2. Suppose you are a language teacher and there are some problematic students in your class who are also very sensitive to criticism. You need to use covert management approach to handle such students and to maintain the discipline in the class. Write a note on the covert management approach by highlighting that how you will use this approach in classroom to deal with these difficult students.