In the Protocol ‘modern biotechnology’ is referred to as the application of fusion of cells beyond the taxonomic family (called ‘in vitro nucleic acid’ techniques) that overcome natural physiological reproductive or recombination barriers and are not techniques used in traditional breeding and selection. The term Living modified organism (LMO) is defined as the processing of any material that is of LMO origin, containing detectable novel combinations of replicable genetic material obtained through the use of modern biotechnology (for instance, flour from genetically modified maize). The LMOs intended for direct use as food or feed, or for processing are agricultural commodities from genetically modified crops (http://www.gmo-free-regions.org/glossary.html Accessed 26.11.16.). Although the Protocol did not use the term genetically modified organism, the LMO is almost equivalent to the GMO, which is any organism whose genetic material has been altered using genetic engineering techniques (i.e., a genetically engineered organism). A more popular name of the GMO is ‘transgenic organism’
BT602 Assignment 3 Solution and Discussion
FALL 2019 – BT602 – SEMINAR II
Assignment No. 2
Due Date: Thursday, January, 30 2020
Video Power Point Presentation
Please prepare Video Presentation on the Topic assigned to you in Assignment#1 (Video presentation using Same PowerPoint presentations that you have submitted already)
• Total time of video presentation will be 10-15 minutes which include
o Course name and code
o Your introduction in front of nearby campus manager who will verify your identification (1 minute) (This is mandatory and no assignment will be accepted without this)
o Topic presentation (10 minutes)
o You have to record presentation in your nearby campus
• Presentation files without audio will result in zero marks
• The language should be strictly English.
• Present the same topic assigned to you in assignment 1 on which you have submitted your PowerPoint presentation. (Presentations on any topic other than assigned will be marked as Zero)
• Students whose marks have been deducted in Assignment#1 (PPts slides presentation) should improve those Ppts and then prepare video presentation accordingly.
• This assignment carries 30 marks.
• “Video Presentation file” should be uploaded on LMS not later than Thursday, January, 30 2020
“You can prepare video presentation through any available device.”
DO NOT send the assignment thorough email. Assignments submitted through email will result in NO (ZERO) marks.