PRODUCTION PLANNING & INVENTORY CONTROL (MGMT617) ASSIGNMENT # 1
Due Date: November 27, 2019 SCENARIO:
“Fashion Hub” a clothing company has a seasonal demand for a product line which is estimated quarterly. The demand, in SKUs (stock keeping units), for the past three years is given below:
- Your task is to help the company determine the quarterly forecast if the cumulative forecast for the year 2020 is 650 SKUs. (5)
- Using the same data, forecast the sales for the year 2020 through 4-period moving average method. (3)
- In your opinion, which method of forecasting, quarterly forecast or moving average, is better for Fashion Hub? Discuss with reasons. (2)
• You have to calculate forecasts and present these in tables
• Write formulae and show necessary calculations
• You may use MS Excel for calculations and copy-paste tables in your solution file (MS
• For question 3, decide better technique and give arguments
• Watch video lectures and consult book to complete the assignment
24 hours extra / grace period after the due date are usually available to overcome uploading difficulties. This extra time should only be used to meet the emergencies and above mentioned due dates should always be treated as final to avoid any inconvenience.
• Make sure to upload the solution file before the due date on VULMS.
• Any submission made via email after the due date will not be accepted.
• Use the font style “Times New Roman” or “Arial” and font size “12”.
• It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word format.
• You may also compose your assignment in Open Office format.
• Use black and blue font colors only.
• Use APA style for referencing and citation. For guidance search “APA reference style” in Google and read various websites containing information for better understanding or visit http://linguistics.byu.edu/faculty/henrichsenl/apa/APA01.html
Rules for Marking
Please note that your assignment will not be graded or graded as Zero (0), if:
• Any of the given instructions is not followed
• It is copied or plagiarized
• It is submitted after the due date.
• The file you uploaded does not open or is corrupt.