ENG513 Assignment 2 Solution and Discussion
Language Teaching Methods (ENG513)
Assignment No. 2
Total Marks: 20
• Upload your assignments in a proper format, i.e. MS word file. Corrupt files will be awarded zero marks.
• The assignments should be zoomed in at 100%.
• Please avoid plagiarism; plagiarized work will be marked zero.
• After the due date, the assignments submitted via email would not be entertained.
• Please avoid submitting copied assignments; otherwise, such a case would be referred to the discipline committee.
• The font color should be preferably black and font size 12 Times New Roman.
Q1. Which method(s) put emphasis on tasks as the core unit of planning and instruction in language teaching? How do purposeful activities and tasks play an important role in real-life language use outside the classroom? Discuss. (2+8= 10 Marks)
Q2. It is understood that students with a visual impairment rely heavily upon the distant sense of hearing which provides the means for understanding the environment around them. Your class comprises students from grade 1 and 2, and you have been assigned the task of teaching ‘listening’ to them. What are the FIVE strategies you think are appropriate to use to teach your students? Give reasons to support your answer.