ENG401 Assignment 3 Solution and Discussion
Introduction to Literature: Short Story and Poetry (ENG401)
Assignment No. 3
Total Marks: 20
• Upload your assignments in a proper format, i.e. MS word file. Corrupt files will be awarded zero marks.
• The assignments should be zoomed in at 100%.
• Please avoid plagiarism; plagiarized work will be marked zero.
• After the due date, the assignments submitted via email would not be entertained.
• Please avoid submitting copied assignments; otherwise, such a case would be referred to the discipline committee.
• The font color should be preferably black and font size 12 Times New Roman.
Q1. The analysis present on William Blake’s poem “A Little Black Boy” seems to be divided into two thoughts. Some find the poem to be replete with racism and the aspects of color and slavery, whereas others find it representative of a Christian ideal. Analyze the poem in your own words, taking in these two thoughts and write a short critical essay of 200-250 words. (10 Marks)
Q2. In line with William Wordsworth’s famous proverb “The child is father of the man”, Cleanth Brooks comments, “The child’s worship of nature is involuntary and the poet’s more conscious; therefore, the child is above the man himself.” Keeping in mind the poem ‘The Rainbow’, how far do you agree? (10 Marks)