Computer Assisted Language Learning (Eng517)
Assignment No. 2
Total Marks: 20
• Upload your assignments in a proper format, i.e. MS word file. Corrupt files will be awarded zero marks.
• The assignments should be zoomed in at 100%.
• Please avoid plagiarism; plagiarized work will be marked zero.
• After the due date, the assignments submitted via email would not be entertained.
• Please avoid submitting copied assignments; otherwise, such a case would be referred to the discipline committee.
• The font color should be preferably black and font size 12 Times New Roman.
Q1. Booktrack is a reading skills developing tool which makes reading more interactive and engaging by allowing students to select audio to go with their text. Students can use their “soundtrack” while reading alone, or work together to create a soundtrack as a class for group or teacher reading.
Go and explore the functioning and uses of ‘Booktrack’ by visiting this home site link:
After observing this technology tool, brainstorm and share some ideas and ways in which you can use ‘Booktrack’ in your English language classroom.
Q2. The use of human-like avatars was not far-fetched technology and is already in place and widely used in gaming situations and social networking spaces such as Second Life. Avatars might be an interesting platform for second-language instruction for primary and secondary level English language learners. Go to this given link:
Create your avatar by using different options given at this site and download the final avatar picture and paste on your assignment file.