Teaching of Reading and Writing Skills (Eng515)
Assignment No. 2
Total Marks: 20
• Upload your assignments in a proper format, i.e. MS word file. Corrupt files will be awarded zero marks.
• The assignments should be zoomed in at 100%.
• Please avoid plagiarism; plagiarized work will be marked zero.
• After the due date, the assignments submitted via email would not be entertained.
• Please avoid submitting copied assignments; otherwise, such a case would be referred to the discipline committee.
The font color should be preferably black and font size 12 Times New Roman.
Q1. Bricks and cement can be put together to create any form of structure. However, it is only when they are laid together properly that they form a building. Similarly, words are blocks of a text and it will be cohesive if cohesive ties are used; however, it will only be coherent if the cohesive ties are used appropriately to create meaning. If you make your class brainstorm a list of content and linking words about a mobile phone mania, how will your students write a cohesive and coherent paragraph of 200-300 words on the given topic? (10 Marks)
Q2. Writing is a common dream for people. Yet most of the people who dream about writing don’t actually do it. Some of them hardly even read. Meanwhile, writers who do actually earn a living from their work still struggle to stay motivated and keep writing. Faced with all this opposition, how can we motivate our students to get writing and keep at it? Write five strategies with some detail to motivate your students for writing.
(2*5= 10 Marks)