Assignment No. 03
Semester: Fall 2019
CS605 - Software Engineering-II
Total Marks: 10
Due Date: 24/01/2020
Assignment no. 3 covers Lec#23 to Lec#34.
Objectives of Assignment:
• To learn the basic objective of software lifecycle models.
• To understand the concepts of software change management.
• Your assignment must be in .doc format.(Any other formats like scan images, PDF, Zip, rar, bmp, docx etc will not be accepted).
• No assignment will be accepted through email.
Rules for Marking:
It should be clear that your assignment will not get any credit if:
• The assignment is submitted after due date.
• The submitted assignment does not open or file is corrupted.
• Your assignment is copied from internet, handouts or from any other student
(Strict disciplinary action will be taken in this case).
Question no. 1: 5 Marks
We have studied different software lifecycle models and project management techniques in this course. We have observed that various software application types require different software engineering models and techniques for their design and development.
Explain the reason with at least two example cases.
Question no. 2: 5 Marks
A Software Development team has been asked by the higher management of a renowned company to scrap and re-design the Software System of their organization. Although the current Software System is already of high quality and is working absolutely fine.
What could be the potential reasons for this decision? Justify your answer with at least two valid reasons.
Brief and relevant answer should be given (to the point). Long stories are not required.
Irrelevant and wrong statements will result in negative marking.
Copied assignments will get zero marks.
Submit “.doc” file only. Every student should provide his/her own work, exact copying of the assignment (or some portion of the assignment) from the internet or other students will lead to copy case and zero marks will be awarded. Do not put any query on MDB about this assignment, if you have any query then email us at [email protected]
Your assignment must be uploaded/submitted on or before 24th January 2020.