ENG504 Assignment 2 Solution and Discussion
Second Language Acquisition (ENG 504)
Assignment No. 2
Total Marks: 20
• Upload your assignments in a proper format, i.e. MS word file. Corrupt files will be awarded zero marks.
• The assignments should be zoomed in at 100%.
• Please avoid plagiarism; plagiarized work will be marked zero.
• After the due date, the assignments submitted via email would not be entertained.
• Please avoid submitting copied assignments; otherwise, such a case would be referred to the discipline committee.
• The font color should be preferably black and font size 12 Times New Roman.
Q1. Describe the Socio-cultural perspective on Second Language Learning in the light of the Sociocultural theory. Suppose you are teaching compulsory English in a secondary school classroom. Describe how would you apply Sociocultural theory in this classroom? Explain with real classroom setting examples. 10 Marks
Q2. Scaffolding is a tool of learning which is very helpful in second language classrooms. It is a process of supportive dialogue that directs the learners through successive steps of a problem and enables them to achieve higher linguistic performance that was originally beyond them. Describe how can scaffolding be used effectively in a primary English classroom. Elaborate your answer with classroom examples. 10 Marks
Please Discuss Solution idea!