Assignment No. 03
Semester: Fall 2019
Network Security-CS315 Total Marks: 20
Due Date: 23-Jan-2020
Please read the following instructions carefully before submitting assignment:
You need to use MS word document to prepare and submit the assignment on VU-LMS.
It should be clear that your assignment will not get any credit if:
The assignment is submitted after due date.
The assignment is not in the required format (doc or docx).
The submitted assignment does not open or file is corrupt.
Assignment is copied (partial or full) from any source (websites, forums, students, etc.).
Assignment solution submitted in image format or image(s) pasted in the solution file.
To enhance the knowledge about Cloud Security and Virus Attacks involved in Network Security.
Question No.1: 10 Marks
Different organizations are providing cloud services to their clients/users/customers and suffering from the various issues. Which countermeasures these organizations can use to avoid following issues:
- ABC Organization is providing free email services to end users but some unknown person is using it for spamming.
- An organization requires Signup access to its free cloud storage services. The administrators of the organization can view and manage user data. After some days, one of the administrators leaked users’ data. Now users are receiving spam emails and SMS.
- A Bank is providing credit card services to its customers. A person lost his credit card and he received an Email/SMS of credit card transaction from bank.
- A Multinational organization is providing credentials to their employees to access their online portal and manage their services. One of the employees stuck in some problem and provide credentials to third person outside the organization for help. After somedays organization detected that their critical services are controlled and manipulated by some anonymous person.
- XYZ University is providing access to its students to their result and other online portals but one of its students is executing scripts to access the server again and again until the server gets down.
Question No.2: 10 Marks
Suppose a system is infected with a virus and functioning abnormally. Before virus is diagnosed, some malicious activates are being faced by the user. Now during the virus lifetime in the system, it will go through different phases. You need to identify its phases for the following mentioned scenarios:
|User run IDM (Internet Download Manager) application in the system then instead of execution, it creates multiple files in different portions of hard disk.|
|User tries to open any file but system shutdown immediately and damage operating system files.|
|User opened a file but instead of executing that file it executed another file in infinite loop.|
|User open PDF reader application and virus got activated.|
|On opening an excel file, a virus just created two different copies of it.|
Best of Luck!