Due Date: 18-11-2019
SEMESTER Fall 2019 Gender Studies (SOC403)
Assignment No. 01
Three Waves of Feminism
Assignment marks: 20
Upon completion of this assignment, students will be able to understand the basis of Feminist movement and its three waves.
Feminism is an organized social and political movement that promotes gender equality. The feminist focuses on analyzing the society in terms of the social position of women and how to improve it so that women can gain equality with men.
Feminism has developed in various historical stages/phases which are called the waves of feminism. The historical development of feminism has been divided into three waves.
• First Wave
• Second Wave
• Third Wave
Being a student of gender studies, you are required to provide real life examples of issues for each wave of feminism at micro and macro level in the context of Pakistan (one example for each wave and each level).
||Waves of Feminism
||Examples at Micro Level
||Examples at Macro Level
Exemplify a situation from Muslim World in which any feminist issue was raised and then addressed.
Marking Scheme Q1: Marks: 2.5*6=15 Q2: Marks: 5
Note: Only in the case of Assignment, 24 hours extra / grace period after the due date is usually available to overcome uploading difficulties which may be faced by the students on last date. This extra time should only be used to meet the emergencies and above mentioned due dates should always be treated as final to avoid any inconvenience.
Please read the following instructions carefully before attempting the assignment solution.
• Make sure that you upload the solution file before the due date. No assignment will be accepted through e-mail once the solution has been uploaded by the instructor.
• Use the font style “Times New Roman”/ “Arial” and font size “12”.
• It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word.
• Use black and blue font colors only.
• Every student will work individually and has to write in the form of an analytical assignment.
• Give the answer according to question.
• For acquiring the relevant knowledge don’t rely only on handouts but watch the video
lectures and use other reference books also.
Rules for Marking
Please note that your assignment will not be graded or graded as Zero (0) if:
• It has been submitted after due date
• The file you uploaded does not open or is corrupt
• It is in any format other than doc (MS. Word)
• It is cheated or copied from other students, internet, books, journals etc…