SOC403 Assignment 2 Solution and Discussion
Due Date: 22-01-2020
SEMESTER Fall 2019 Gender Studies (SOC403)
Assignment No. 02
Assignment marks: 20
Upon completion of this assignment, students will be able to understand the basic human rights in the light of The Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR).
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR) is a standard for all nations. It was drafted by representatives from all regions of the world, with different legal and cultural backgrounds. On 10 December 1948, the United Nations General Assembly proclaimed the Declaration as a common standard of achievements for all peoples and all nations. It was for the first time that fundamental human rights were universally protected.
Being a student of gender studies, you are required to define any four articles of The Universal Declaration of Human Rights and explain them with examples. Also give the references.
Q: Marks: 20
Definitions – 1.5 marks each Examples – 2.5 marks each References – 1 marks each
Note: Only in the case of Assignment, 24 hours extra / grace period after the due date is usually available to overcome uploading difficulties which may be faced by the students on last date. This extra time should only be used to meet the emergencies and above mentioned due dates should always be treated as final to avoid any inconvenience.
Please read the following instructions carefully before attempting the assignment solution.
• Make sure that you upload the solution file before the due date. No assignment will be accepted through e-mail once the solution has been uploaded by the instructor.
• Use the font style “Times New Roman”/ “Arial” and font size “12”.
• It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word.
• Use black and blue font colors only.
• Every student will work individually and has to write in the form of an analytical assignment.
• Give the answer according to question.
• For acquiring the relevant knowledge don’t rely only on handouts but watch the video
lectures and use other reference books also.
Rules for Marking
Please note that your assignment will not be graded or graded as Zero (0) if:
• It has been submitted after due date
• The file you uploaded does not open or is corrupt
• It is in any format other than doc (MS. Word)
• It is cheated or copied from other students, internet, books, journals etc…