SOC101 Assignment 2 Solution and Discussion
SEMESTER Fall 2019 Introduction to Sociology (SOC101) Assignment No. 02
Due Date: 22-01-2020 Assignment marks: 20
Upon completion of this assignment, students will be able to understand the different types of social mobility.
Scenario Identification Justification Alina is a nurse working in a private clinic serving from last 10 years and moved to a renowned private hospital on same position. Which type of mobility she experiences? Identify and justify. Ahmed is the only family member among his siblings who obtained engineering degree and working in multinational company on an executive post. Which type of mobility he experiences? Identify and justify. Sadaf grew up in a poor class and her family often struggled to pay her university fee and sometime took loan to pay her fee. Sadaf also joined an academy in evening to fulfill her financial expenditures. After a long struggle Sadaf get the position of a lecturer in a college. Now her status has been changed. Which type of mobility she experiences? Identify and justify. Ali is working as an HR manager in a private company. He got an opportunity in a multinational company in China on same position with attractive salary and other benefits. He moved to China. Which type of mobility he experiences? Identify and justify.
2 marks for identification: 24 (8) 3 marks for justification: 34 (12)
Only in the case of Assignment, 24 hours extra / grace period after the due date is usually available to overcome uploading difficulties which may be faced by the students on last date. This extra time should only be used to meet the emergencies and above-mentioned due dates should always be treated as final to avoid any inconvenience.
Please read the following instructions carefully before attempting the assignment solution.
• Make sure that you upload the solution file before the due date. No assignment will be accepted through e-mail once the solution has been uploaded by the instructor.
• Use the font style “Times New Roman”/ “Arial” and font size “12”.
• It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word.
• Use black and blue font colors only.
• Every student will work individually and has to write in the form of an analytical assignment.
• Give the answer according to question.
• For acquiring the relevant knowledge don’t rely only on handouts but watch the video
lectures and use other reference books also.
Rules for Marking:
Please note that your assignment will not be graded or graded as Zero (0) if:
• It has been submitted after due date
• The file you uploaded does not open or is corrupt
• It is in any format other than doc (MS. Word)
• It is cheated or copied from other students, internet, books, journals etc…