Explain types of guidance and counseling also describe why the need of Guidance and Counseling arise in academic setting? (4+4+4= 12 Marks)
MGT502 Assignment 1 Solution and Discussion
Total Marks: 10 Objective:
Due Dates: Jan 22, 2020
Fall 2019 ASSIGNMENT#1 MGT502
Students will learn about different Organizational Designs
After attempting this assignment, the students will be able:
To distinguish among different organizational designs.
Understand why different industries require different organizational designs for running
their operations effectively.
Reconsidering an Organizational design (Mechanistic Versus Organic Designs)
DiskGate-It, Inc., is a medium-size manufacturing company that uses standard assembly lines to produce its products. Its employees are not highly qualified as they have to perform monotonous work which does not require any innovation or creativity.
Think-It, Inc., is a software design firm that provides customized programs to solve their client’s problems. Its employees tend to be highly educated and perform highly creative work to satisfy the needs of their clients.
Both organizations are reconsidering their current organizational designs.
What type of organization design would best suit the needs of DiskGate -It, Inc., in your opinion? Justify your choice. Max word limit: 50 2.5+2.5
What type of organization design would best suit the needs of Think-It, Inc., in your opinion? Justify your choice. Max word limit: 50 2.5+2.5
24 hours grace time period after the due date is usually available for assignment to overcome uploading difficulties. This extra time should only be used to meet the emergencies and above mentioned due date should always be treated as final to avoid any inconvenience.
Other Important Instructions:
Make sure to upload the solution file before the due date on VULMS.
Any submission made via email after the due date will not be accepted.
Use the font style “Times New Roman” or “Arial” and font size “12”.
It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word format.
You may also compose your assignment in Open Office format.
Use black and blue font colors only.
Use APA style for referencing and citation. For guidance, search “APA reference style” daily and read various websites containing information for better understanding or visit http://linguistics.byu.edu/faculty/henrichsenl/apa/APA01.html
Rules for Marking
Please note that your assignment will not be graded or graded as Zero (0), if:
It is submitted after the due date.
The file you uploaded does not open or is corrupt.
It is in any format other than MS-Word or Open Office; e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, PDF, etc.
It is cheated or copied from other students, the internet, books, journals, etc.
Note related to load shedding: Please be proactive
As you know that Post Mid-Term semester activities have started and the load shedding problem is also prevailing in our country. Keeping in view the fact, you all are advised to post your activities as early as possible without waiting for the due date. For your convenience; the activity schedule has already been uploaded on VULMS for the current semester, therefore no excuse will be entertained after the due date of assignments or GDBs.
Questions 1: What type of organization design would best suit the needs of DiskGate -It, Inc., in your opinion? Justify your choice.
Organizational design: Mechanistic Design for Diskgate-IT, Inc.
• As employees are not highly qualified so they should work as a team under a supervisor or manager to accomplish.
• Vertical communication is applicable in this scenario which is only achievable by adopting mechanistic design.
• Strict rule and regulation should apply.
• Throughout the channel representative chain of command and responsibilities to be considered.
• Assign every employee a specific job description to adopt.
Questions 2: What type of organization design would best suit the needs of Think-It, Inc., in your opinion? Justify your choice.
Organizational design: Organic Design for Think-IT, Inc.
• AS employees are highly qualified so they should work independently.
• Having highly qualified bring up more creative and open-minded ideas to adopt by implementing organic design.
• Decision making should be decentralized under one person.
• Minimal Standard of procedures to be adopt by employees.
• This design is more adoptable and flexible to highly qualified employees during any change.
• Cross functional communication between departments.
• Leonard. (2018). Organic Structure of organizational design. [Online] Available https://smallbusiness.chron.com/organic-structure-organizational-design-58657.html
• Ordoro. (2012). Mechanistic organization vs organic organization [Online] Available https://blog.ordoro.com/2012/07/15/mechanistic-organization/