Assignment No. 03
SEMESTER Fall 2019
CS405- Database Programming Using Oracle 11g Total Marks: 20
Due Date: 21-01-20
The assignment has been designed to enhance your knowledge about how to use:
• Loops and implementing Nested Loops
• Cursors and it’s types
• Cursor Implementation
Please read the note section and following instructions carefully before solving & submitting assignment:
- The assignment will not be accepted after due date.
- Assignment will not be accepted via email.
- Zero marks will be awarded to the assignment that does not open or the file is corrupt.
- The assignment file must be in MS word (.doc) file format; Assignment will not be accepted in any other format.
- Zero marks will be awarded to the assignment if copied (from other student or copied from handouts or internet).
For any query about the assignment, contact at [email protected]
Consider the following table containing columns to answer the questions:
Employee(emp_ID, emp_name, emp_rank, emp_scale, emp_experience, emp_salary)
Question 1: [Screenshot =2.5 Marks, Code = 2.5 Marks]
Write a PL/SQL block to display the reverse of maximum experience from Employee table.
Question 2: [Screenshot = 7.5 Marks, Code = 7.5 Marks]
- Write a PL/SQL block using cursors to update the salary of employees for the following cases.
a) If employee scale (16 or less than 16) [Screenshot = 2.5 Marks, Code = 2.5 Marks]
20 % increase in the salary.
b) If employee Scale (17 or above) [Screenshot = 2.5 Marks, Code = 2.5 Marks]
10% increase in salary.
Also display the emp_ID, emp_scale and emp_updated salary. [Screenshot = 2.5 Marks, Code = 2.5 Marks]
Lectures Covered: This assignment covers WEEK# 9-10
Note: You are required to paste code and screenshots of your programs in a Word File, and submit that file on or before January 21, 2020