Test Development and Evaluation (EDU 431)
Assignment 2 (Fall 2019)
Total Marks: 20
Late assignment will not be accepted.
• If the file is corrupt or problematic, it will be awarded zero.
• Plagiarism will never be tolerated. Plagiarism occurs when a student uses work done by someone else as if it was his or her own; however, taking the ideas from different sources and expressing them in your own words will be encouraged.
• No assignment will be accepted via e-mail.
• The file should be in Word document form, the font color should be preferably black and font size should be 12 Times New Roman.
Q1: Develop five extended response questions keeping in view the guideline for developing these questions. (2 * 5 = 10 marks)
Note: you have to select any one subject of elementary/secondary level to answer question 1. Mention the subject and topic you have selected in the start of your answer.
Guidelines for constructing extended response essay type items
- Frame questions so that the examinee’s task is explicitly defined.
- Specify the value and an approximate time limit for each question.
- Prepare a tentative scoring key in advance of considering examinee responses.
- Make prior decisions regarding treatment of such factors as spelling and punctuation.
Q2. Differentiate between Classical Test Theory and Item response Theory of item analysis. (2*5 = 10 marks)