PERSONALITY PSYCHOLOGY (405) ASSIGNMENT NO. 1
Due Date: 18th Nov, 2019.
This assignment has been designed to make students understand Sigmund Freud’s concepts of anxiety.
Your task is to go through the different types of anxieties proposed by Sigmund Freud in detail and identify each case with the appropriate type of anxiety. Also justify your selection by giving at least four points.
|Scenario||Type of Anxiety (1*3)||Justification (4*3)|
|Ijaz lost his way when he was crossing a Desert. While finding the right direction, a snake showed in front of him. Ijaz got scared and started running in an opposite direction.|
|Amir wants to talk to his parents about letting him buy a new mobile phone. However, he is never able to talk to them because he is afraid that his parents might get angry.|
|Shahid delivers food from the restaurant to the home. One day when he was very hungry, he wanted to eat some of the food, which he was delivering. However, he did not as he knew that it is morally wrong.|
Q2. Describe any two techniques of Psychoanalysis proposed by Freud. (2.5+2.5)
Instructions to follow:
• Please record your answers in the given table.
• In identification just mention the name of the particular type of anxiety.
Please read the following instructions carefully before attempting the assignment solution.
• Make sure that you upload the solution file before the due date. No assignment will be accepted through e-mail once the solution has been uploaded by the instructor.
• Use the font style “Times New Roman”/ “Arial” and font size “12”.
• It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word.
• Use black and blue font colors only.
• Every student will work individually and has to write in the form of an analytical assignment.
• For acquiring the relevant knowledge don’t rely only on handouts but watch the video lectures, use other reference books and explore different web links.
Rules for Marking
Please note that your assignment will not be graded or graded as Zero (0) if:
• It has been submitted after due date
• The file you uploaded does not open or is corrupt
• It is in any format other than doc (MS. Word)
• The given format has not been followed
• It is cheated or copied from other students, internet, books, journals etc…