Online Journalism MCM517
Department of Mass Communication
Virtual University of Pakistan FALL 2019
ASSIGNMENT NO.1 MARKS: 15
Online Advertising & Ethics Related to Cyber Medium (Lesson# 2 & 4) Learning Objectives:
• To develop the understanding of the effects of online advertising.
• To develop the understanding of ethics of online journalism.
Q.1 Do you get attracted by the advertisements during watching a program, drama or film on YouTube? What are the advantages of placing this kind of online advertisement? (7.5 Marks)
Q.2 Why credibility is more important for an online journalist? What are the challenges he has to face? (7.5 Marks)
• Students will be able to know the role of advertising and its effects on consumers.
• Students will be able to understand the importance of following ethics of journalism.
• Note: Copied material will be graded “Zero”
Opening Date and Time November 20, 2019 at 12:01 A.M (Mid-Night)
A Floating ad is a type of rich media Web advertisement that appears uninitiated, superimposed
over a user-requested page, and disappears or becomes unobtrusive after a specific time period
(typically 5-30 seconds).
Due Date and Time November 28, 2019 at 11:59 P.M (Mid-Night)
Note: Only in the case of Assignment, 24 Hrs extra / grace period after the above mentioned due date is usually available to overcome uploading difficulties which may be faced by the students on last date. This extra time should only be used to meet the emergencies and above mentioned due dates should always be treated as final to avoid any inconvenience.
Deadline: Make sure that you upload the solution file before the due date. No assignment will be accepted through e-mail once the solution has been uploaded by the instructor.
• Use the font style “Times New Roman” and font size “12”.
• It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word.
• Use black and blue font colors only.
• Use APA style for referencing and citation. For guidance search “APA reference style” in Google and read various website containing information for better understanding or visit http://linguistics.byu.edu/faculty/henrichsenl/apa/APA01.html
• Every student will work individually and has to write in the form of an analytical assignment.
• Give the answer according to question, there will be negative marking for irrelevant material.
• For acquiring the relevant knowledge don’t rely only on handouts but watch the video lectures and use other reference books also.
Rules for Marking:
Please note that your assignment will not be graded or graded as Zero (0) if:
• It has been submitted after due date
• The file you uploaded does not open or is corrupt