MCM517 Assignment 2 Solution and Discussion
Online Journalism MCM517
Department of Mass Communication
Virtual University of Pakistan FALL 2019
ASSIGNMENT NO.2 MARKS: 15
Media Convergence and Digital Divide (Lesson# 9)
• To develop the understanding of media convergence.
• To develop the analytical skills.
Convergence of media occurs when multiple products come together to form one product with the advantages of all of them. Media Convergence is gathering and dissemination of news across a multi-media platform.
Q.1 Your task is to discuss and provides two examples of convergence of media in Pakistan? (7.5 Marks)
Q.2 Describe the effects of digital divide on world economy. (7.5 Marks) Learning Outcomes:
• Students will be able to know about the nature and level of convergence.
• Students will be able to develop the analytical skills in understanding the effects of digital
• Note: Copied material will be graded “Zero” Schedule
Opening Date and Time January 9, 2020 at 12:01 A.M (Mid-Night) Due Date and Time January 16, 2020 at 11:59 P.M (Mid-Night)
Note: Only in the case of Assignment, 24 Hrs extra / grace period after the above mentioned due date is usually available to overcome uploading difficulties which may be faced by the students on last date. This extra time should only be used to meet the emergencies and above mentioned due dates should always be treated as final to avoid any inconvenience.
Deadline: Make sure that you upload the solution file before the due date. No assignment will be accepted through e-mail once the solution has been uploaded by the instructor.
• Use the font style “Times New Roman” and font size “12”.
• It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word.
• Use black and blue font colors only.
• Use APA style for referencing and citation. For guidance search “APA reference style” in Google and read various website containing information for better understanding or visit http://linguistics.byu.edu/faculty/henrichsenl/apa/APA01.html
• Every student will work individually and has to write in the form of an analytical assignment.
• Give the answer according to question, there will be negative marking for irrelevant material.
• For acquiring the relevant knowledge don’t rely only on handouts but watch the video lectures and use other reference books also.
Rules for Marking:
Please note that your assignment will not be graded or graded as Zero (0) if:
• It has been submitted after due date
• The file you uploaded does not open or is corrupt