Feature and Column Writing MCM514
Department of Mass Communication
Virtual University of Pakistan SEMESTER Fall 2019
ASSIGNMENT NO.2 MARKS:15
Task: Carefully read this column which has been published in a leading newspaper of Pakistan “Jang” and discuss mentioned below points; (Marks: 15)
a) Identify the type of column. (2)
b) Interesting element in the Lead. (3)
c) Usage of Words and Sentences. (3)
d) Logical transition from Lead to Body. (3)
e) Clarity of Content and Context.(4)
Note: In case of any problem link of this column is also given.
Students will be able to:
• Analyze the writing style of Columns.
• Note: Copied material will be graded “Zero”. Schedule
Opening Date and Time 11th January, 2020 At 12:01 A.M. (Mid- Night)
Due Date and Time 16th January, 2020At 11:59 P.M. (Mid- Night)
Note: Only in the case of Assignment, 24 Hrs extra / grace period after the above mentioned due date is usually available to overcome uploading difficulties which may be faced by the students on last date. This extra time should only be used to meet the emergencies and above mentioned due dates should always be treated as final to avoid any inconvenience.
Please read the following instructions carefully before attempting the assignment solution.
• Make sure that you upload the solution file before the due date. No assignment will be accepted through e-mail once the solution has been uploaded by the instructor.
• Use the font style “Times New Roman” and font size “12”.
• It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word 2003.
• Use black and blue font colors only. Solution guidelines:
• Use APA style for referencing and citation. For guidance search “APA reference style” in Google and read various w ebsite containing information for better understanding or visit http://linguistics.byu.edu/faculty/henrichsenl/apa/APA01.html
• Every student will work individually and has to write in the form of an analytical assignment.
• Give the answer according to question, there will be negative marking for irrelevant material.
• For acquiring the relevant knowledge don’t rely only on handouts but watch the video lectures and use other reference books also.
Rules for Marking:
Please note that your assignment will not be graded or graded as Zero (0) if:
• It has been submitted after due date
• The file you uploaded does not open or is corrupt
MCM514 Feature and Column Writing VU