Assignment No. 2
Total Marks: 20
• Upload your assignments in a proper format, i.e. MS word file. Corrupt files will be awarded zero marks.
• The assignments should be zoomed in at 100%.
• Please avoid plagiarism; plagiarized work will be marked zero.
• After the due date, the assignments submitted via email would not be entertained.
• Please avoid submitting copied assignments; otherwise, such a case would be referred to the discipline committee.
• The font color should be preferably black and font size 12 Times New Roman.
Q1. “Learning styles” refer to the notion that every student learns differently. An individual’s learning style can also be defined as the preferential way in which the student processes, comprehends and retains information. Write a brief overview of various learning styles along with an analysis of your own preferred learning style. (7+3=10Marks)
Q2. According to Chomsky (1981), children are born with the knowledge of the parameters and their possible settings. While Bickerton concludes that children have an innate grammar, which in the absence of proper environmental input serves as the child’s language system. Explain in detail the Bickerton’s language bio program and the different views of parameter settings. (5+5=10Marks)