In a shocking incident, according to reports by some leading daily, an 18-year-old girl had allegedly died after her phone blasted while she was speaking to her relative. The girl, who was a resident of Kheriakani, Odisha was using a Nokia 3310 mobile phone, which is the main prop of the incident. Reports said that the girl had plugged into the charger as she saw that her phone was running out of charge in her battery while speaking to her native. The girl, Uma Oram was immediately rushed to the local hospital but later died succumbed to her injury.
Moreover, she suffered injuries to her hand leg and chest after her phone exploded and she even fell unconscious. The incident came to light on March 19 after the girl’s brother namely Durga Prasad Oram revealed that his sister was trying to charge her phone while talking as the charge of the mobile phone’s battery was draining. He revealed the model of the mobile phone to be Nokia 3310 which looks more like a Nokia 5233 in pictures but the manufacturer of the phone denied that the phone was theirs.
ALSO READ: Ambedkar tweet row: Troubling times for Hardik Pandya as Rajasthan police registers FIR
Moreover, since 2017, the manufacturing company of Nokia smartphones is HMD Global. The company’s spokesperson said that they were not able to autonomously verify the facts of any such report and they are confirming that the phone in question was not manufactured by HMD Global. The person further said, “As HMD Global, we are committed to producing high-quality handsets which deliver a strong user experience and meet high customer expectations.” Further probe on the incident is on. Meanwhile, police are gathering evidence and post-mortem reports will be out soon.
For all the latest National News, download NewsX App